You already know that CBD is a natural option to help with anxiety, pain, and inflammation… for humans. The compound – primarily derived from the hemp plant – is non-addictive, all-natural and many believe it has superb therapeutic powers. But what about using CBD to help our fur-family members? Can it work for them too? The answer is a resounding, yes! Let’s dive into the ins and outs of using CBD oil and other CBD products with your pets. A few ground rules first:
- Talk to your vet – It’s a good idea to speak with your vet before giving your animal CBD, especially if they’re using other medications or there are any underlying health concerns.
- No THC – When looking at various CBD products for your pets, make sure the cannabis oil has less than 0.3% THC. At this very low level, it is considered safe and essentially ‘THC-free’.
- Start small – Just like humans, the best approach is to start with small amounts of CBD, and work up from there if needed.
- Look for products with minimal added sugar – Pure CBD oil usually has an earthy or bitter taste, which is why many manufacturers disguise the test with other additives and flavors. Similarly, some producers of pet CBD products add flavorings like beef or peanut butter. While some of these flavorings are completely safe – like for people – the less artificial sweeteners or other additives, the better.
- Read the label – Look for CBD products that are made in the USA and for oil that is organically grown, and 3rd-party tested for quality.
Why does CBD work for pets too?
CBD works for our pets as it does for us – by interacting with the endocannabinoid system (ECS). Like humans, animals have an ECS, and they also have cannabinoid receptors, a vital part of the endocannabinoid system. Scientists tell us that the ECS has a critical role for all of us – it’s responsible for maintaining harmony and balance throughout every system in the body!
So, although animals may process CBD in a slightly different way than us, it appears that they have the same biology to receive CBD and influence the ECS to ‘jump into action’ to promote healing and biological harmony. And, the good news is there are so many therapeutic benefits! How can CBD help? Premium, all-natural CBD oil can help with:
- Immune issues (such as allergies and cancer)
- Seizures and epilepsy
- Joint pain
- Anxiety and stress
- Dysbiosis and digestive issues
- And much more
Staying paw-sitive and getting healthy!
If you’re a pet parent, helping your fur baby live life to the fullest is probably one of your top priorities. Luckily, new research continues shedding light on how CBD for pets can help them be at their best – easing joint pain, lowering inflammation, and more! Many believe CBD oil can also calm dogs who are aggressive, overly anxious, or for those that are quickly sent into panic mode every time they see the mailman. If you are thinking of treating your pet with CBD, look for products that are pure hemp CBD, they are THC-free, and they have minimal artificial flavors. At Releaf Health Clinic, we take pride in offering only premium USDA Certified Organic and Kosher Certified Full-Spectrum Hemp Extract CBD products. We deliver high-quality products for people – gummies, tinctures, topical creams – and Clean Remedies PAWS products for your fur family members. Don’t wait to explore the many therapeutic options of all-natural, therapeutic CBD! Your pets will be fur-ever thankful!